In the past, God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by His Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom we made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
Hebrews 1:1-4 [NIV]
- Jesus is the final and definitive revelation of God and all reality to us.
- When we sing to Jesus, we are singing to the Creator of all things.
- When God wanted to reveal what he was like, Jesus was the answer – we see Jesus, we see God, as God wanted us to see him and know him.
- He is the one who continues to keep all things going right now, this very instant, including the breath in my lungs to utter a phrase or the movement in my fingertips to type these words.
- He did the work of sacrifice to overcome the train-wreck that I made and continue to make of honouring God, when he died for my sins on the cross and rose again from the dead.